WA OT Association encourages submissions from members and other relevant bodies for publication in the monthly newsletter. This is one avenue to keep members up to date with current OT news and happenings in Western Australia.
All articles need to be submitted to the WA OT Association office for editing by the 15th of each month to ensure inclusion in the next month’s issue of the newsletter. It can be in any written format, however electronic submission is preferable as this decreases the office time required to process your submission, thus keeping the expenses to WA OT Association down.
Although there are the following regular headings in the newsletter, submissions can be stand alone articles. Regular Headings are:
- President’s Report
- Professional Development
- Interest Groups
- Courses and Seminars
Submissions can be a brief announcement or comment, or of significant length, PLEASE NOTE:
- Format of the newsletter is in landscape, with a layout per page of either 3 or 4 columns.
- A page in the newsletter has a word count of 550 to 600.
- Interest Group entries and entries for the Noticeboard should be a maximum of 150 words +/- 5%, at that length they will occupy one column on a 4 column page.
- Images or photos need to be 300 dpi at 100%, to ensure quality reproduction in the newsletter, preferably in JPEG format.
- Submissions must be written in the third person, except for the President’s report, Interest group items, PD entries and spotlight features.
The Newsletter Committee reserves the right to make modifications to submissions as necessary.
- Some suggestions for submissions are:
- Description of a clinical initiative
- Spotlight on a service, department or individual
- Clinical experience or case study
- Review of a piece of equipment
- Summary of a conference or course attended or given
- Review of a quality improvement project or evidence based practice review
- Comment on a political situation
If you have a great idea or a lead on a story but are unable to follow up yourself, let the Newsletter Committee know, via the WAOTA Office and we may be able to assist. Similarly, if you would like to volunteer to be on the Newsletter Committee, we’d love to hear from you!
Note: Articles submitted for inclusion from Private Practice or other financial organisations will be encouraged to also submit an advertisement in the same issue (please refer to advertisement rates).