In this full-day course, Roisin Sullivan will present a range of both theory and practical soft tissue skills relevant to hand therapists.
Roisin Sullivan is the an Occupational Therapist that has practiced exclusively in Soft Tissue OT for the past 14 years to promote occupational performance for her clients. She is the convener of the Soft Tissue OT Interest Group of WA and has a strong interest in the professional development of students and therapists in the field, both teaching and mentoring new therapists in the area of practice.
The course will address the foundations and principles of soft tissue treatment in OT, as well as considering evidence-based interventions for managing the soft tissue issues of hand and upper limb conditions.
Attendees will cover a range of clinically relevant information, including the Principles of management of soft tissue conditions along with :-
- Common clinical soft tissue assessments
- Barriers to soft tissue healing, inflammatory considerations and complex cases
- Referred pain considerations
- Neural and plexus connections and influences
- Postural considerations and assessments
- Consideration of shoulder, scapular and cervical involvement in hand and upper limb conditions
- Principles of soft tissue release
- Consideration of best evidence-based practice and current clinical interventions in soft tissue management
- Contraindications in soft tissue management
- Practical demonstrations throughout and small hands-on practice groups
|Hand Therapy Soft Tissue Course|
|Date||Friday 9th August 2019
8:30 – 17:00
|Venue||Pagoda Ballroom, Pagoda Resort, 112 Melville Parade, Como|
|Cost||Early bird before 9/7/19
Rural/ remote $150
Standard rate after 9/7/19
Rural/ remote $175
|Refreshments||Welcome coffee/tea, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided|