Becoming an Occupational Therapist includes the completion of a university degree, which includes a combination of coursework and fieldwork. Fieldwork placements are where students attend “on the job” training in various clinical settings to gain practical experience prior to graduation.

To become an Occupational Therapist in WA, you will need to:

  • Complete a 4 year full-time Bachelor of Science (Occupational Therapy) degree at either Curtin University or Edith Cowan University
  • Complete a 2.5 year full-time Master of Occupational Therapy at Curtin University. To enroll in the Master of OT, an appropriate undergraduate degree must have been successfully completed.
  • Register with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia as a qualified Occupational Therapist, prior to being able to practise.

Links to University Courses:

Curtin University

Edith Cowan University