Therapy Learning & Communication
WANTED – PART TIME EXPERIENCED ADULT/PAEDIATRIC OT TO START 29TH APRIL 2019
TLC-WA Therapy Pty Ltd are looking for an OT, hours negotiable. The successful candidate who would have preferably completed full undergrad course will have a minimum of three or more years working with both a paediatric and adult caseload. Experience with a variety of presentations including disabilities and an understanding of sensory processing (both assessment of and intervention) is essential. Equipment prescription would be desirable. Therapy would be conducted at home, school and in our busy clinic. Flexibility with days/times/locations would be advantageous. Having your own vehicle is essential. Evidence of consistent professional development and upskilling is essential. It is important that the successful candidate has a good understanding of the funding systems and how to plan for clients transitioning to NDIS.
For further information please email Diana Chivers, Director, email@example.com
To find out more about our clinic visit https://tlc-wa.com.au/
Perth Childrens Hospital
We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Senior Occupational Therapist in the Early Intervention program at PCH that will be filled via fixed term contract for a period of 6 months at 0.6 FTE from the end of April 2019.
If you have an interest in being considered for this role please reply via email Peter.Kerwin@health.wa.gov.au COB Wednesday 13th March.
A current CV should be included and responses need to be no longer than 2 pages outlining demonstrated skills and suitability to perform in this role for a period of 6 months.
Due to the limited time frame for this FTC, applications should address the following:
- Have recent significant clinical experience in the management of infants and toddlers with neurological and developmental disability 2 years and under
- Have an understanding of disability sector and community services in WA for infants, young children and families
- Highly developed skills and experience in the provision of complex equipment, developmental assessment and interventions, feeding assessment and interventions, knowledge of infant mental health
Are you ready to make a Positive Step?
We are looking for an experienced occupational therapist to join our mobile team in the area of home visiting and community rehabilitation.
Established in 2010, Positive Step is dedicated and passionate about providing comprehensive therapy services to enable people to reach their potential and return to the activities they love. Positive Step only employ experienced occupational therapists and our vision is to provide exceptional, tailored interventions to our clients. Our mission is to build a team who can educate, support and empower our clients.
We are looking for someone pretty amazing….someone who is hard working, friendly and a delight to be around.
This position would be a great match for you if:
– You are looking for a career in community rehabilitation that will allow you to grow for the long term.
– You have 3-4 years minimum clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist (ABI/ SCI/ NDIS/ Home Visiting preferred).
– You are able to follow processes and work autonomously but are always ready to admit when you need help or further direction.
– You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and doing a bit of hard work.
– You love efficiency and have the initiative to get things done when you see they are needed.
– You are thorough and avoid cutting corners.
– You value yourself as a person. You are humble and kind and honesty is important to you.
– You are a great communicator.
– You strive for the best outcomes for your clients and are prepared to go above and beyond for them.
We are looking for a therapist who has home visiting and rehabilitation experience already. We want someone with excellent clinical skills and the ability to assess and treat a variety of conditions with adults of all ages.
We are looking for someone to mentor and train who also wants to grow. We promise a workplace that will challenge and stretch you as well as care and support you. We are a determined and driven team but we also know how to have fun.
We will consider full time or part time applicants. If you are looking to return to work after having children and school hours suits you better please still apply as we are happy to be flexible.
Perks of the job include;
- Work for a friendly, dynamic and respected Occupational Therapy provider.
- Flexibility with start/ finish times and working days to suit your lifestyle.
- Support and mentoring from our experienced team – whenever you need it.
- Regular internal in-service and mentoring for clinical skill development.
- An annual training allowance for professional development.
- A caseload that brings great diversity and learning opportunities. No two working days are ever the same.
- The opportunity to be part of something special – making a positive difference in people’s lives and helping our team and small business grow.
If you think you might be the person we are looking for, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your resume
- A letter indicating why you would like this job and why you think you are suited to it.
- Your results from taking this personality test. Head to this website and following the prompts to complete the test. Just answer honestly – there are no right or wrong answers. 16personalities.com
The Therapy Space WA
Occupational Therapist Position
The Therapy Space WA has a casual position available to an individual who may compliment our primary occupational therapist and small team. If you would like a ‘different’ experience of upper limb therapy including the opportunity to provide services to children with a range of functional difficulties and pain presentations as well as utilising your hand therapy skills this may be the position for you.
Some hand therapy experience, paediatric and psychosocial skills are desirable and the willingness to learn. The ability to work autonomously is desirable.
Casual hours are available in Joondalup immediately. Options to increase hours in centrally based clinics and work on weekends.
Great training and learning opportunities will be provided.
Send your resume and a cover letter to Emma – email@example.com
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital SCGH –
casual and fixed term experienced therapists
SCGH is a 750 bed acute tertiary hospital. It is home to WA’s only comprehensive cancer centre – the largest cancer treatment centre in the State – and is the state’s principal hospital for neurosurgery and liver transplants. The Occupational Therapy department has leading services in Cancer, Acute Neurosciences, Emergency and Hand and Upper Limb therapy.
All Occupational Therapists at SCGH have expertise in cognition, pressure injury management and falls prevention in relation to occupational performance and the environment plus additional occupational therapy clinical skills relevant to the specialty they work in.
It is an exciting and challenging time in health; innovation is encouraged to proactively manage the increasing number and complexity of patients in acute care. Our Department is committed to engaging in Evidence Based Practice (EBP) and Quality Improvement projects in order to provide best quality care to our patients. With these opportunities plus a changing workforce of over 70 staff we are often seeking experienced OTs for casual and fixed term positions.
Most of our services are Monday –Friday 8am – 4pm however we also have after hours and weekend opportunities that may be suitable.
If you have experience working in a hospital and are interested in joining our team please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 6457 3072 to discuss opportunities.
Occupational Therapist – Soft Tissue
Are you a Soft Tissue OT who is interested in Senior’s Health, If so Vivir are looking for OTs to join there team in Perth and on the East Coast. Openings for locums and permanent staff. Click here for more information.