Free Journal Access (Members Only)
WA Occupational Therapy Association membership now provides you with free online access to ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source Database.
ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source provides users with journal access and reliable healthcare information covering allied health, nursing and complementary medicine. This database provides:
- abstracting and indexing for more than 1,015 titles, with over 860 titles in full-text, plus more than 12,300 full text dissertations
- access to chapters from online reference books
- exclusive access to evidence-based allied health and nursing information from The Joanna Briggs Institute including Systematic Reviews, Evidence Summaries, and Best Practice Information Sheets
- access to Rapid Assessment Protocol internet database (RAPid) and System for the Unified Management, Assessment and Review of Information (SUMARI). The RAPid training tool enables users to systematically evaluate research articles and write structured research findings to publish on the JBI interface while SUMARI is a developing software package designed to assist health and other researchers and practitioners to conduct systematic reviews
- exclusive Video Training from Medcom, Inc. Videos are well indexed for reliable search results and can be viewed in document view or downloaded to your desktop for reference.
Your ProQuest journal access includes the following publications (but is not limited to):
The Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy, American Journal of Occupational Therapy, Journal of Allied Health, Journal of Rehabilitation, Journal of Gerontological Nursing, Journal of Psychosocial Nursing & Mental Health Services, Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, Physical Therapy Journal.
Follow the links in the Members Only section of the website to access these journals.
Member Benefits: Membership of WA Occupational Therapy Association
- Free Monthly WA Occupational Therapy Association Newsletter keeping you up to date with professional events
- Over 40% discount on rates for WA Professional Development courses, workshops and seminars, OT Week events and State Conferences
- Free or discounted entry Affiliated Interest Group Meetings
- $5.00 Discount to Developmental Occupational Therapy (DOT) membership and 10% discount to all DOT run professional development events www.dotwa.org.au
- Members only discounted Professional Indemnity Insurance, Public and Product Liability Insurance with Guild Insurance https://www.guildinsurance.com.au/professional/occupational-therapists
- Free access to ProQuest Nursing and Allied Health Journals and database via WA Occupational Therapy Association website
- Corporate rates for HBF Private Health Insurance and other products http://www.hbf.com.au/corporatehealth/WAOTAssociation/
- Advocacy and lobbying from your Professional Association on your behalf e.g. WorkCover rates, National Registration, liaison with OT Schools and National Registration Board, lobbying to overturn the Better Access to Mental Health budget cuts
- Website “Job Advertisements” service for Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Support Staff
- Networking and marketing opportunities
- Access to Association office facilities
- WA Occupational Therapy Association website information and services
- Eligibility for prizes and awards
- Eligibility to stand for election on WA committees
- Instalment plan for membership fees
- WA Occupational Therapy Association Committee of Management working for you and the profession.