A person may be referred to an Occupational Therapist by many means. The most common referrals are from a doctor (GP or specialist), or other health professional, friend, relative, or direct contact from a client. Occupational Therapists are often employed in the public sector, and individuals may receive Occupational Therapy services through hospitals, community centres, clinics and the like. There are also many Occupational Therapists working in Private Practice in Western Australia. For contact details and areas of specialty of Occupational Therapists in Private Practice, please refer to the Find An OT section of this website https://www.waota.com.au/find-an-ot/